Building and architectural drafting with AutoCAD
Building and architectural drafting with AutoCAD
1. Hour Breakdown
1.1 Total working hours: 360 hours
1.2 Total working hours for Trade Subject: 300 hours
1.3 Total working hours for Functional English: 60 hours
2. Breakdown of hours of Trade Subject
2.1 Theory: 20%: 60 hours
2.2 Practical: 80%: 240 hours
2.2.1 AUTO-CAD: 90 hours
2.2.2 Manual Skill: 150 hours
Total= 240 hours
3.1 To develop the basic manual and AUTO-CAD skill of Building and Architectural drafting.
3.2 To enable to perform drawing of buildings, culverts, bridges and details of their components.
4. Detailed Syllabus:
4.1 Trade Theory
1. State the importance of the trade.
2. Mention the uses and care of drawing instruments and materials.
3. Identify different grades of pencils and pencil points.
4. State the importance of lettering in a drawing.
5. State the importance of alphabet of lines in a drawing.
6. State what is meant by scale.
7. Describe the construction of scale.
8. Mention the uses of scale.
9. Describe the theory of projection.
10. State the importance of theory of projection in drafting.
1. Define liner, square and cubic measurements.
2. Mention the metric units and equivalent FPS units.
3. Find the area of triangle, square, rectangle, polygon, circle and irregular field.
4. State what is meant by the volume of construction work.
5. Mention common abbreviations and terms of building.
1. Mention different kinds of bonds.
2. Define stretcher, header, English and Flemish bond.
3. Identify the architectural symbols in a building drawing.
1. Mention the use of different kinds of foundations.
2. List different types of floors.
3. Identify the construction of different types of floor.
4. Mention the materials used in different types of floors.
5. List different types of roofs.
6. Mention the materials used in different types of roofs.
7. Distinguish between flat roof and pitched roof.
8. Define King post, Queen post and Steel truss.
9. Define arch.
10. Mention the classification of arch.
11. Mention the uses of arch.
12. State what is meant by lintel.
13. Mention the classification of lintel.
14. Mention the uses of lintel.
1. Explain the planning of different room spaces of a residential building and a commercial building.
2. Identify different components of a building.
3. State what is meant by stair.
4. Mention the classification of stairs.
5. Identify different parts of the stair.
6. Identify different types of external and internal finishing of the building.
7. Identify different types of structural steel, T, Z and I sections.
8. State what is meant by Hook, Crank and Bent of reinforcement bar.
9. Identify different types of doors and windows.
1. Define culvert and bridge.
2. Identify different components of culverts and bridges.
3. Mention the materials used for the construction of different types of culverts and bridges.
1. Identify the tracing materials.
2. Describe the operation of the ammonia printing and blueprinting machine.
4.2 Trade Practice:
1. Identify the drawing instruments.
2. Identify the drawing material.
3. Make a graph.
4. Draw lettering (Architectural, Gothic)
5. Draw an alphabet of lines.
6. Construction of the geometrical drawing and conic sections.
7. Construct the plain and diagonal scale.
8. Draw the orthographic projections (1st and 3rd angle method)
9. Draw the isometric and oblique views of dimple geometrical solids.
10. Make the drawing of one point and two-point perspectives of simple geometrical solids.
1. Draw different types of bonds, corner points and partition walls of different thickness.
2. Draw the architectural, structural and electrical symbols.
1. Draw different types of foundations.
2. Draw different types of floors.
3. Draw different types of pitched roofs (wooden and steel trusses).
4. Draw different types of arch.
5. Draw different types of lintels with sunshade.
1. Identify different components of computer.
2. Identify the fuction of different components of a computer.
3. Mention the uses of AUTO-CAD in different field.
4. Identify different working area in AUTO-CAD.
5. Change the color in drawing area using command.
6. Select the drawing point in drawing area.
7. Draw the line using line command.
8. Erase the object. using erase command.
9. Make the grid and snap using grid and snap command.
10. Draw the circle using circle command.
11. Draw the rectangle using rectangle command.
12. Draw the polygon using polygon command.
13. Draw the polyline using polyline command.
14. Draw the ellipse using ellipse command.
15. Draw the arch using arch command.
16. Draw the chamfer using chamfer command.
17. Draw the fillet using fillet command.
18. Draw the donut using donut command.
19. Make solid on a surface using solid command.
20. Trim the line/lines using trim command.
21. Extend the line/lines using extend command.
22. Fence the lines/line using fence command.
23. Break the line/lines/objects by using break command.
24. Lengthen the line/lines using lengthen command.
25. Zoom an object using zoom command.
26. Preview the zoomed object using preview command.
27. Pan an object using pan command.
28. Divide the line/lines/object using divide command.
29. Make the block using block command.
30. Set the pickbox size using pickbox aommand.
31. Select the units for drawing using units command.
32. Decide the limits for drawing using limits command.
33. Changes the properties of drawing using properties changes command.
34. Hatch the drawing using hatch command.
35. Select the text style using text style command.
36. Put the text on drawing using text command.
37. Put the dtext on drawing using dtext command.
38. Draw the row using row command.
39. Find the area of an object using area command.
40. Find the ID point using ID command.
41. Find the distance of two points using distance command.
42. Set dimension style using dimension style command.
43. Put the dimension on drawing using dimension command.
44. Make array using array command.
45. Rotate an object using rotate command.
46. Move an object using move command.
47. Copy an object using rotate command.
48. Set the layer for different object using layer command.
49. Trace a line using trace command.
50. Stretch an object using stretch command.
51. Extrude an object using extrude command.
52. Subtract among objects using subtract command.
53. Make the isometric surface for draw isometric views using isometric command.
54. Shade an object using shade command.
55. Render an object using render command.
56. Draw different given object using respective command.
57. Draw a given building section with dimension using respective command.
58. Draw a given building section with dimension using respective command.
59. Select different pen for printing different line using pen assignment.
60. Select the desired scale before printing using scale setting command.
61. Preview the drawing before printing using preview command.
62. Print a drawing using print command.
Unit-5 (Manual & AUTO-CAD)
1. Draw the plan, elevations and sections of a single storied building.
2. Draw the plan section of half turn, quarter turn and geometrical stair.
3. Draw the plan of a multistoried residential building.
4. Draw 4 elevations and 2 sections of a given multistoried residential building.
5. Draw the detail of wooden doors and steel windows.
6. Draw the detail of aluminum doors and a windows.
1. Draw the plan and section of a simple culvert.
2. Draw the plan and section of an R.C.C bridge.
3. Draw the components of the culvert and bridge.
1. Trace the drawing with ink.
2. Write different data on drawing and title box on drawing sheet using lettering. stencil.
3. Show the furniture symbol on the prepared drawing using a furniture template.
4. Identify different printing mechanisms of ammonia printing machines.
5. Make an ammonia print of a prepared drawing using an ammonia printing machine.